Difference Between Marketing Problem Vs Marketing Research Problem
Image credits © Prof. Mudit Katyani.
Difference between marketing problem and marketing research problem is based on the following eight points:
- Meaning of marketing problem and marketing research problem.
- Wide and narrow scope.
- Who can solve the problem?
- What problems they include?
- Availability of data and its relation to their studies.
- Cost and time-consumption.
- Whether the problem is of serious nature or not?
- Their interrelationship.
Now let's differentiate marketing problem and marketing research problem.
- Meaning :
- Any problem related to marketing of goods, and service is called a marketing problem.
- A marketing research problem is the one which is selected for a detailed study.
- Scope :
- The scope of a marketing problem is very wide. It includes all the marketing activities.
- The scope of a marketing research problem is narrow. It only includes the problem under study.
- Solved by :
- Marketing problem can be solved by the regular staff or employees of the company.
- Marketing research problem can only be solved by qualified and trained staff.
- Problems about :
- Marketing problem includes problems about; the product, price, place and promotion.
- Marketing research problem includes problems about conducting research i.e. selecting a sample, selecting a method of a survey, etc.
- Data :
- Marketing problem can be studied even if data is not available.
- Marketing research problem cannot be studied if proper data is not available.
- Cost and time :
- Study of a marketing problem is not costly and time-consuming.
- Study of a marketing research problem is costly and time-consuming.
- Seriousness :
- All marketing problems are not serious. Some problems are temporary and other problems can be solved easily.
- All marketing research problems are serious. These must be solved quickly else the company will suffer a loss.
- Interrelationship :
- All marketing problems are not marketing research problems.
- All marketing research problems are marketing problems.