Improve writing skills
Writing skill is an essential requirement in today's era. It plays a vital role in written communication. It has different types used for various purposes. One has to be alert during writing as it may become a legal document.
Writing is an important ingredient of a professional. It is a major technique for effective written communication.
Listed below are some techniques to improve writing skills for effective written-communication:
- Decide the purpose and scope of writing.
- Write as per requirement of the subject.
- Use simple words.
- Use self dependent words.
- Frame short, simple, self dependent and meaningful clauses, sub clauses, sentences.
- Study background of reader/receiver/audience.
- Use proper introduction. Answer following questions while writing:
- Why this subject?
- What is this subject?
- What is new in this subject?
- Why author is authentic or reliable?
- What is scope of this subject?
- Discuss each point in detail as per need.
- Use examples where required.
- Analyze, compare, contrast points as required.
- Use data, quotations, critical comments, expert's analysis as per need.
- Use your own style.
- As said, “write to express not to impress.”
- Use parliamentary language.
- Follow principles of writing skills.
The image of a girl writing with pen is a copyright of © Elisabeth Charmley.