Advantages of Supermarket
The benefits or advantages of a supermarket or super bazaar are as follows:
Image Credits © Eleventh Earl of Mar.
- Saving in labour cost due to self-service system.
- Supermarket has large turnover.
- Reasonable or low prices of goods.
- Low cost of operation.
- Freedom of selection.
- Shopping is very easy and quick.
- Due to adequate parking space, shopping becomes easy and pleasing activity rather than boredom.
- High degree of efficiency due to elimination of service.
- High margin of profit to organisers.
- Advantages of large scale operations.
Disadvantages of Supermarket
The disadvantages of a supermarket or super Bazaar are as follows:
- Supermarket requires huge financial resources.
- It is normally situated at a long distance from the residential localities.
- There is lack of personal attention.
- Supermarket does not provide various services such as free home delivery, personal guidance, credit facility and after sale service.
- It faces the problem of co-ordinating activities of various sections of the market.
- It requires large and extensive premises.
- Goods which require explanation by salesmen cannot be sold in such markets.