Importance of Quality Control
Briefly listed below is the significance or importance of quality control.
Image credits © Prof. Mudit Katyani.
- Detects Quality Deviation: Quality Control helps to find out quality deviation from the established standard. A proper system of it ensures a standard quality of production.
- Acceptance by Customers: The customers readily accept goods of standard quality. Good quality control helps to reduce rejection of goods by customers.
- Earns Goodwill: A company that uses proper quality control earns a good name and goodwill in the minds of customers. It is so, since, customers get quality goods that give them satisfaction.
- Develops Quality Consciousness: A system of quality control develops quality consciousness among the workers. The workers are motivated to reduce wastage and to produce defect-free goods.
- Timely delivery of goods: A proper system of quality control ensures smooth flow of production. It minimizes delays and stoppages caused by defects. Therefore, the company can produce and deliver quality goods at the right time.
- Improves Productivity: Quality control improves the productivity of the organisation. A proper system of it increases the output of quality goods. Wastage of inputs is minimum. Hence, the productivity of the firm is improved.
- Motivates Employees: Employees get motivated if there is a proper system of quality control. It improves productivity and helps the company to earn higher profits. The employees can benefit by way of more monetary and non-monetary benefits.